New Job: Customer Service Assistant
This role may be ideal for candidates who:
- have customer service experience in the retail / hospitality industry or office environment and/or completed the Financial Planning / Business / Accounting program
- enjoy responding to inquires over the phone / by email and handling a variety of processing functions such as data entry and processing administrative changes in life insurance policies
- have an interest in an entry-level position in the life insurance industry
Our Canadian head office is located in Aurora (10 min. north of Richmond Hill).
This may be a convenient location for candidates in the York Region area.
About State Farm
- One of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates for 2011 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2011
- Continuous learning and development opportunities such as mentoring, affinity groups and tuition aid reimbursement.
- With about 1500 employees in Canada, we offer diverse growth opportunities in our promote from within environment.
Visit our Career Centre at www.statefarm.ca/careers for more information.
About the Opportunity
- Service existing Life Insurance policies which includes: data input, completing policy change requests, processing disbursements, processing premium payments, processing accounting entries and working listings
- Provide courteous, prompt, and quality customer service to State Farm agent offices, and other departments through email and phone
- Address customer service inquiries by researching account histories and providing solution options
- High school diploma or GED would be required. A college diploma would be preferred.
- Time management, organizational and customer service skills to process job duties with accuracy and in a timely manner, while responding to customer inquiries
- Technical skills to enter and adjust policy transactions on various computer systems
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel. Knowledge of MS Access would be an asset.